A new Freedom of Information Act filed by Judicial Watch contains some damning allegations about ousted U.S. Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch, an Obama-era holdover who was fired in May after President Trump had had enough of her double-dealing overseas. The dismissal was a long time coming, as Trump hinted in his July phone call with the Ukrainian president.
“The former ambassador from the United States, the woman, was bad news and the people she was dealing with in the Ukraine were bad news, so I just want to let you know that,” Trump said in the call.
It’s also worth noting that, as early as a year before Yovanovitch’s dismissal from the post, former Rep. Pete Sessions (R-TX) was asking Secretary of State Mike Pompeo to get rid of her.
“I have received notice of concrete evidence from close companions that Ambassador Yovanovitch has spoken privately and repeatedly about her disdain for the current Administration in a way that might call for the expulsion of Ms. Yovanovitch as U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine immediately,” Sessions wrote in May 2018.
Now, thanks to Judicial Watch, we may come to know more about what Yovanovich was doing over in Ukraine. And none of it, as far as we can tell, had anything to do with her official duties as a U.S. ambassador.
“Judicial Watch has obtained information indicating Yovanovitch may have violated laws and government regulations by ordering subordinates to target certain U.S. persons using State Department resources,” the watchdog group said in a statement. “Yovanovitch reportedly ordered monitoring keyed to the following search terms: Biden, Giuliani, Soros and Yovanovitch.”
Judicial Watch provided the following list of people who may have been under her surveillance:
- Jack Posobiec, One America News Network Host
- Donald Trump Jr.
- Laura Ingraham, Fox News Host
- Sean Hannity, Fox News Host
- Michael McFaul, President Obama’s Ambassador to Russia
- Dan Bongino, Fox News Contributor
- Ryan Saavedra, Reporter at the Daily Wire
- Rudy Giuliani, President Trump’s Personal Attorney
- Dr. Sebastian Gorka, Former Strategist for President Trump and host of Salem’s “America First” Radio Program
- John Solomon, Executive Vice President at The Hill
- Lou Dobbs, Fox Business Host
- Pamela Geller, Political Commentator
- Sara Carter, Investigative Reporter and Fox News Contributor
If this turns out to be true, it could not only prove damning to Yovanovitch’s career prospects but it will undoubtedly undermine anything she testifies about to House Democrats regarding impeachment. If she’s proven to be an Obama-allied leftist, working to thwart the Trump administration from the inside, it will also go a long way towards proving how Democrats have been planning this coup for months.